Surface Calm ...

Wednesday, February 8, 2017
and the storm that rages beneath....

Since last August I have been working on bringing you something different. Something that you just can't get everywhere. I kept it under wraps until I was sure that it was going to happen but now that it is imminent I thought I ought to let the cat out of the bag.

Photo from Tilda's World Blog
We are getting Tilda. After a diligent search, I have discovered (unless they are a very well kept secret) there aren't many (any) other shops (online since I can't search brick and mortar) selling Tilda in the United States.  The process has been a little arduous so I guess that is why. And of course, it is European so it is a bit more expensive than fabric that is distributed in the US. It is so gorgeous and so worth it. After all, we spend more on Liberty of London and Echino.
Photo from Tilda's World Blog
 Check out this sweet tutorial she has on her blog for this Pincushion
Photo from Tilda's World Blog
If you have never seen Tilda's books they are such a treat. I just bought three of them to check them out and now I feel like I need them all. Photography is so beautiful.

Tilda's Spring Ideas has this adorable Sewing Angel:

The little sewing machine is printed in the book and they show you how to make it look like that for a doll prop... so cute.

 Tilda's Summer Ideas has all kinds of cute Summer Angels including an Angel Garland and I love that it has these paper crafts too:


And I also got Tilda's Toy Box because I couldn't resist the chubby dollies like this Pirate:

and the adorable other crafts like these sweet little purses




Check out Tilda on Pinterest There are so many sweet projects there. And Minki Kim (Zeriano on Instagram)  has made some gorgeous projects with it too. I have been following her since I got her Sew Illustrated book that we are using for our Zakka project of the month.

Oh man, and just as I am looking around for more info I find the hashtag on instagram for Tilda's blog hop from last season... #tildashowcase I think I am in heaven.


January? Phew.... so glad that is over. Of course, it has leaked a bit into February. I spent most of this last month getting my daughter enrolled in college. It seems crazy all of the hoops you have to jump through. Admittedly we took a strange road through her education process from the beginning, because we just can't seem to do anything the way others do :) I decided to take a class too... so I am  in a drawing class with my daughter. Here she is drawing me yesterday...



One last little thing :) Since it is February 8th I wanted to remind you that Galentine's day is just around the corner. Tell your Galentine's you love them. I made these coffee cozies for mine because friends are the best!


Talk Soon!

Love,
Julie
8 comments on "Surface Calm ..."
  1. Oh!!! I am so excited! I follow the Tilda blog and just love looking at all the pretties. How wonderful that you've been able to do this!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Tilda! You are getting Tilda!!! I have been paying a fortune to get Tilda! I can't believe it! I have most of the books - and Tilda's Toy Box is my favorite! If I can figure out how to post pictures, I'll show you a few quilts I've made using TILDA!

    ReplyDelete
  3. So great.Years ago I collected tildas fabrics and then gifted to a friend so he made a quilt to her little one.These fabrics are so lovely.

    So wonderful you go with your girl to drawing, sure you have fun.

    ReplyDelete
  4. So excited!!! I've wanted to get some of her fabrics, but couldn't find them unless I ordered from Australia, and the shipping costs stopped me from that!! Keep us up to date so we know when you have her things in!! Hugs, H

    ReplyDelete
  5. In 2010 I bought my first Tilda fabric in York England. As soon as I got home I searched and searched for US vendors that sold it. No one. I am so thrilled about this news and will be sharing with all my quilt friends.

    ReplyDelete
  6. How fantastic ! I love her books and lovely creations! look forward to seeing the fabric!!! Congratulations !!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Tilda.......YES! Accessories too I hope!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I'm thrilled to pieces about Tilda!!! When will it arrive? I'very been hoping someone in the U.S. would carry it. So glad it's you!

    ReplyDelete

I love your comments! Thanks for sending them.

EMOTICON
Klik the button below to show emoticons and the its code
Hide Emoticon
Show Emoticon
:D
 
:)
 
:h
 
:a
 
:e
 
:f
 
:p
 
:v
 
:i
 
:j
 
:k
 
:(
 
:c
 
:n
 
:z
 
:g
 
:q
 
:r
 
:s
:t
 
:o
 
:x
 
:w
 
:m
 
:y
 
:b
 
:1
 
:2
 
:3
 
:4
 
:5
:6
 
:7
 
:8
 
:9

Custom Post Signature

Custom Post  Signature